Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Wait, What Day Is It?

For some reason, I still keep forgetting what day it is.
I've been thinking for most of the evening that it's Sunday night, even though I had classes today. And I think I scared Crystal when I started talking about how we have our exam on Wednesday (except it's actually on Thursday, which turned out to be a pleasant surprise for me).

Today I get to go sign my lease for the downtown place, which I should be more excited about probably. I don't get the keys until tomorrow morning, though, so I guess I have a reason to not be super excited at the moment.

My mom came in my room tonight while I was studying and told me "you're not acting like yourself lately." I'd have to agree with her. This whole time period in my life, this "new chapter" or whatever is definitely not going so smoothly just yet. I can't get excited about things anymore, or more like when I do it seems to be for only a short period of time.
I don't mean to be having a pity party for myself, but I just sort of feel....bleh.

Hopefully this will go away soon. Stuff has to change, right? I've been doing just about everything I can, putting a lot out there, and not getting a lot back. After a while that gets tiring and it's hard to keep up the optimism. I'm getting really sick of the word "transition", too.

But I guess I still have some optimism left in me. I'm still plugging away....studying, trying to go out and meet up with friends as much as possible, working on the job search and trying to look forward to what's ahead....because I know it's going to pay off sometime. At least that's what they tell me!

No comments: