Thursday, July 31, 2008

More Awesomeness!

This past 24 hours has been great!

Crystal, my dear friend since the days of yore (May 7, when anatomy started and we happened to sit next to each other....) needed a place to stay for the night since her apartment lease is up, so I told her she could stay at mine. We went to Bourbon Street Distillery for dinner and had some delicious salads while being extremely nerdy and whipping out study guides in the middle of the loud restaurant.

After dinner, we resisted the extremely strong urge to drive to Cheesecake Factory ($1.50/slice cheesecake yesterday!!! wtf?!?!), and instead opted for Dunkin' Donuts down the street (closer, and also delicious). We brought our donuts back to my place and started the marathon studying...of course taking a break somewhere around 11pm to watch some Grey's Anatomy DVD and eat the donuts. We got up pretty early this morning for even more studying (in between dozing off and getting ready to leave). So much learning.

We got to the exam pretty early, did some more cramming, and then finally took the damn thing. I was sort of nervous because, even though I'd studied a lot and had always done well in the past, sometimes you just never know what's going to be thrown at you and I needed to do well to keep my A in the class.

Well.... I DID!!

Anatomy = *OWNED*, Physiology = *OWNED*, IUPUI GPA so far = 4.0

After the exam, Crystal, Maresa, Heather, and I went to PF Chang's for lunch. Even just walking through the mall to get to the restaurant was fun...we were all in such good moods after finally finishing both classes over the past two months.
The food was delicious, of course, and we even got some of those cute little $2 dessert cups (highly recommended). After lunch, we walked back through the mall and very actively resisted buying things, and then went to check our grades on campus.

After saying goodbye to my three favorite classmates, I met up with Vicki! We hung out at my place, then strolled Mass Ave for a while. I finally went into Silver In The City and Luna Music, two places that I will definitely be returning to. I love that I live just down the street from all that. Then, we went back to my place and listened to a tape (yes, like a cassette tape) of the two of us from freshman year in high school. We're talking 8 years ago. Back then, we went on a kick where we'd take this little tape recorder with us sometimes when we'd hang out at each other's houses or once when we went to school. We were very...um....interesting....young women. We couldn't really understand all of what we were saying, but our lives back then seemed to consist mostly of lauging with a lot of loud, high pitched talking and Offspring/Sublime/random semi-popular music of the day playing in the background.

After we'd exhausted the entertainment we could get from the tape (which, by the way, used to be an educational Spanish tape from elementary school), she went back to the land of Carmel and I ended up here, in the computer room of my apartment complex, finally getting connected to the internet again.

Ya know, even though it's sometimes (OK, usually) annoying that I don't have a regular (not to mention secure) internet connection in my apartment, it's sort of nice to have to do other things instead of being attached to my computer. I think I'll go a little longer without ordering cable and see what happens.

Tomorrow I'm off to WL to clean out my apartment for the last time (not really excited about all of the cleaning), turn in the keys, and then I'm officially moved out of WL and Purdue for good. Sort of a weird feeling since I've lived there for the past four years, but it's the way life goes, I guess.

And life....is awesome. I love it. I have a healthcare job, got A's in both of my summer classes, awesome family and friends, great new apartment in a wonderful city, I've been going out a lot lately, and meeting more new people all of the time.

No comments: