Friday, July 18, 2008

Tired

Wow, it's been a week since I last posted!

It's been a really busy week! Last weekend, I mostly studied for my Monday exam. My dad came up on Sunday to put together some of the IKEA furniture (I have lamps and a table with chairs now!!).

I also spent a good amount of time this week getting to know some more about the area. I've been up and down Mass Ave a few times with some new friends, stopping in some of the shops there. They have a lot of little random, artsy places (and a Starbucks). One interesting little store, Global Gifts, has exclusively free trade stuff and everyone who works there is a volunteer. Best Chocolate In Town is a tiny place that has some really weird but amazing truffles. And there's also a toy store I went into that's a lot of fun.
This morning after my interview, I went over to the new Dunkin' Donuts on Penn & Washington. Thank God for that place. While on that trip, I also tried to further understand downtown parking. So far, I think it's best to just drive around the block a few times to see if there's a spot open until you get annoyed enough to park in the mall garages.

There are of course about a million places on my list of things I still want to try here.

In other news, I had that job interview this morning. I can't tell how it went, which is bothering me. I was interviewed by three people (two interviewed me together). Sometimes I thought they liked me, but sometimes I wasn't sure what they were thinking. Maybe that's how they do things, though. Every other time I've been up for a position, it's been with a place small enough to be able to tell me yes or no right away. I don't know how common that is, though.
I dunno, I'm hoping for the best but the ambiguity of it put me in sort of a bad mood. So now I'm grumpy.

Plus tired, since last night I was out at the concert at White River. Sam and Laura came down from WL and my sister came to visit. Parking was crazy because of everything that's going on here this week, so yay for my IUPUI parking pass. Anne and I went to Buca for dinner before the show (AMAZING chocolate cake. Amazing.), then we met up with Sam and Laura at the park. It was a good time. :) But not a lot of sleep since I had to wake up early this morning.

So yeah, I'm grumpy right now. :

Another thing I've noticed about not having cable is that there's a crazy amount of those cheesy judge shows on TV. Is the market really that big that they need 3+ of them?

Anyway, time for a nap.

No comments: