Thursday, July 24, 2008

Awesomeness!!

I GOT A JOB! :D

I'm now a lab assistant at the blood bank, serving three of the biggest and best known hospitals in the state. Good times!!

In related news, I got an email from an awesome professor in nursing who's been helping me out and I might have another job and volunteer opportunity with the nursing school. That will DEFINITELY be awesome, too! The nursing school here is my top priority, so getting a chance to work there would be the best.

Lots of jeorbs!

It's so nice to be able to have an income again!

I'm excited!! :)

In other news, things have been going GREAT here. I love this city and my life here. My apartment is almost all done and, after finally getting my bed and couch last weekend, it's been a lot of fun decorating and getting ideas of what to do.

Indy is such a great city because there are so many places to go and things to do on any given day. If something's not going on, then there's always a new restaurant or something to check out. I have a growing list of places both here and in Broad Ripple that I've heard of and want to try out, and have been checking things off lately. Not to mention how awesome it is that I can walk to so many places.

I've also been meeting and hanging out with so many new people over these past couple of weeks. I'm learning not to pass up any opportunity where I could possibly meet people, even if it doesn't seem logical that I'd talk to or become friends with anyone there, because you can meet people just about anywhere. I've even met people at the Starbucks near campus and the study rooms at my apartment complex. It's great.

School is going well, too. Only one week left of summer classes and I'm hoping to escape the summer sessions with a 4.0. Today's exam didn't go as well as I'd hoped it would, but I still have a pretty good chance for an A in the class so all is not lost.
After classes are over, I've got a couple of weeks without class, so I'll be working and housesitting in Carmel (more money!). Hopefully I'll hear from the nursing school soon and be doing that, too. AND if I have time, some more Red Cross stuff.

My life is an exciting adventure.

1 comment:

Carah said...

** high fives **