Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Apartment!

So I finally got the keys to my new apartment!! It's all mine now :) Somehow just knowing that when I went there today automatically made it seem more like home than it ever has before, even though I've been in and around it pretty often during the whole process.
I know it's going to take some getting used to for a little while....things like going to the basement to do laundry again, having 4 new keys and a keycard and remembering which doors they go to, still having to figure out where the nearest grocery store is, and how those first few nights at a new place by yourself always feel as you get used to the different sounds and sights of the place at night.

But I finally once again feel like this is going to be fun. It'll probably be scary sometimes, probably lonely sometimes too, but overall it's going to be a new adventure.

In honor of my new apartment, my mom bought me mace.

In other news, I heard back from my contact last night that she has a lead on the job. I'm still trying (but mostly in vain by now) not to get my hopes up too much, but when I'm honest with myself I think if it doesn't work out I'll feel really sad. The more I think about a chance at having a job like that, the more I feel like it would be extremely great. I know that's probably a dangerous way of feeling, since it sets me up for being disappointed, but I don't think I can help it after a certain point.
So, I hope it's good news!!

In more news, I have this ridiculous exam tomorrow morning. This class is definitely a lot more work than the last one, which was a little shocking at first. At least know I know how much work I have to put into it to do well (a lot).
Time for studying....

1 comment:

Carah said...

gotta love that "all mine" feeling. sighhhh....

my mom got me mace too! lol... our mothers have way too much in common... hahaha