Friday, July 11, 2008

IKEA! and other things.

Today marked the long-awaited IKEA trip! I woke up this morning feeling really crappy (thanks, stupid stomach + nachos and pretzels I had for dinner last night....at least it was free), but it went down to a manageable level once my mom got here and we started off for Cincy.


We spent pretty much all day at IKEA....if you've ever been there, you know that's pretty much necessary. IKEA is practically heaven to me, so I was not complaining. The two of us went throughout the whole store and ended up buying a LOT...probably too much, which unfortunately means that some of it is going to have to be returned.
I love what I got though! I can't wait to get my bed and couch in here so that everything else can fall into place!! Then....housewarming party! :)

After my mom dropped me back off at my place, I walked over to Yats (0.3 miles away!!) to get some dinner and the grocery store to get some dessert (yay for cookies). I got called "shawty" on the way back, and slightly harrassed by a couple other people, so it sort of makes little suburbanite me wonder how friendly I should really be to people I pass by on the street.

Becoming a city girl takes time, people.

So now I'm holed up in my apartment again, about to do some more studying for the exam on Monday, and really bummed out that the weather is supposed to be awful tomorrow, so it looks like I won't be going up to WL for Crystal's BBQ or to see someone I've been looking forward to seeing. Double bummer. OR to get my modem, which means no regular internet connection for me just yet. Triple bummer.

Anyway, I guess I should go study....

1 comment:

Carah said...

Ikea = THE BEST
Being called shawty and being harassed = scary!! Don't tell your mother about that little incident, lol...