Monday, July 7, 2008

I Found The Internet (For Now)!

So, I'm officially a resident of downtown Indianapolis!

The suburbs are for squares. ;)

I spent pretty much the entire weekend moving stuff back and forth from Carmel to here, with my parents' help. We got most of the small stuff moved in, except of course for those things that you only remember when you realize you need it.
Last night I piled up the car again and drove down here for my first night here. I couldn't find any wireless connections (I don't have cable/internet yet) and I am just barely hanging onto a signal right now.

One thing I've learned about myself is that I can't live without the internet for too long.

But this apartment is beautiful! I know it's going to look even better when I get it all set up and decorated. The view is the best, especially at night. I can see the lights from the hospitals and watch the LifeLine helicopters flying overhead.

Picture time!:

The picture doesn't really do it justice, but this is sundown over some of the view.

Trying to get a picture of the lights outside at night.

Nighttime lights. Again, doesn't do it justice. You guys are just going to have to come see for yourselves! :)

This morning, it was great to wake up at the same time I've always been, but to get an extra hour that I don't have to spend commuting. 5 minute drive to campus!!

So I love this place.

Aside from that, the job search is still going on. I'm still hoping that all works out. Hoping...a lot.

Other than that, things have been ok. Sort of lonely, but I guess that's how it goes sometimes. Just gotta stay positive that everything else will fall into place.





No comments: