Sunday, August 3, 2008

Weekend?

Where did the weekend go?!

Friday I drove up to WL and completed the final stage of moving out of the place I lived for the past four years. I didn't have much time or energy for reminiscing while I was there, since it was a million degrees outside, I had nothing to do but clean (which always takes longer than expected), and there were some giant beetles flying around the pine tree outside my front door that I was afraid of.

After it was all said and done, the keys were turned in, and everything was taken care of, I drove back to Indy and started to feel a little nostalgic and such. I don't wish I still lived there or anything, but sometimes there are certain things that remind me of Purdue and WL and I'm like aw. I guess I do miss it....at least certain parts of it. It was a wild ride, that's for sure. I find myself mentioning things about Purdue or WL when I'm hanging out with people down here, much to my dismay, which surprises me; I don't want to be that person who always talks about where they used to live....that gets old quickly.

Either way, now I'm here. 100% an Indianapolis resident. I'm more than ok with that.

Friday night I met up with Vicki and we went to Champps to see Living Proof! Always a great time with Vicki :) We danced, sang, met random guys and then sort of kind of ditched them in favor of a giant piece of ice cream cake (we're talking huge), and talked about many things. I'm so glad she's in Indy for a while!!

Saturday I did all kinds of boring things like laundry and junk. I met up with Richa and an awesome group of people for her birthday celebration that night. It was so good to see her again after a few months and even better that we live so close now! We went to Bourbon St. Distillery for dinner, then back to her place for a bit, then hit Broad Ripple for a few hours. It was a great time...lots of dancing, which was unfortunate for our poor feet. We went to a few places, but the best of the evening was the Vogue, despite the several random guys (including the one who claimed he is going to marry me one day).
After getting back to downtown, Richa and I and the three guys we were with all went on a walk along the canal. By now it was about 3am, but it didn't really matter. I looove the canal area. I got home around 4am, and got to bed around 5am (since a shower was definitely needed).

Today....a lot of random stuff. None of it extremely exciting or important. Filling out paperwork for my job, running a couple of errands, going to the grocery store, watching some Grey's on DVD again.

In terms of dating, it's been an interesting past three/four weeks. I've met a lot of nice guys.....mostly nice, at least. Some weird. A couple of stupids. I'm starting to feel like my life is like Sex and the City, without the sex. Ha. It's been interesting....all of the awkward, slightly nervous, getting to try new places, learning more about someone you'd probably never otherwise really talk to, finding out if there's chemistry or not, exciting, cute, disappointing fun that is dating.

I just have a lot of stuff going on right now, and a lot of important stuff to focus on. I really feel like I'm getting to the top of my game with this career/academics stuff lately, so that's my top priority. This whole dating thing is going to get the back burner for a while.
I like where I am right now, and I like that I just get to see what happens next. I guess I'm not totally opposed to surprises. Mostly.

Anyway, I wish I had pictures from this weekend. I wish I had pictures from anything lately!

So, there you have it.

No comments: