Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Good Times

So it's been a week since I last posted, and it would be crazy of me to try to go through all that has happened in those past 7 days, because it's a lot. The short version is that life is good and I really need to start bringing my camera to things. The longer version is:


I've spent most of the past week at work. 6-8 hours a day on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Since I have to get up so early to get there, I'm always tired early, too. This is a strange feeling, and must be what being a grown up feels like.

To combat this, I spent the rest of the weekend (while I wasn't at work) partying. On Friday night, I got about two hours of sleep, and on Saturday about four. Both parties, one of which was my housewarming party, were a great success (high five!). I was ridiculously tired at work, but I survived.


Friday was the housewarming-type party for Jon, who I work with, and his roommate. My housewarming party on Saturday was great - lots of fun with great people. We spent a while at my place, with some beer, food, and the Olympics, then went to Tiki Bob's on S. Meridian for dancing and a few more drinks.
Monday night I went to another housewarming party (it must be moving season) out on the eastside suburbs where some of Jon's friends live. Then last night a few of us went out to see Tropic Thunder.


Today I got to sleep in, then drove up to Carmel for some quality time with my dear Vickilea. We walked the Monon for a while, stopping at random places along the way (random mystery bookstore, chocolate shop, museum of something, Bub's where we spent about 5 hours while waiting for change), then we went to the pool, which is something I seriously haven't done in years. I've discovered that I like going to the pool. To top off the quality time, Vicki read my tarot cards, which was awesome.


Tomorrow I start my 8,527th semester. It's such a habit now that if I wasn't going to school, I would feel weird. I suppose one day I won't be in school, but who knows when that will be. Maybe like 5 years from now? I just need some more letters after my name.


Friday I finally get my first grown up paycheck! I'll be straight up ballin'. (I live in a city now, so I can say "ballin'".)
This weekend is going to be awesome because not only is Crystal coming to visit, but I get to go to the Colts game on Sunday!!! I am SO excited and you'd better believe I'll finally bring a camera.
After that, it's back to work and school.

I can't complain though; life is good.

No comments: