Thursday, August 21, 2008

Back To School!?

So today was the first day of the fall semester for me. It was definitely the weirdest first day I've had so far.

Right off the bat, and then constantly throughout the day, I've been reminded of how old I am. Just about everyone around me all day has been and/or looked at least 3 years younger than I am. Part of this is because of the classes I have to take....sociology, psychology, and history - all 100 level, and all pre-reqs so I can start with the clinicals in January pending IUSON's approval of my previous grades.
There seem to be a couple of people in soc and psych that are doing the same thing I am, but otherwise it's a lot of brand new college freshmen, just out of high school. Weird.

Another thing I noticed today is that traffic is exponentially worse during the actual school year. It now takes me about 5x longer just to drive the 1.5 mile from my place to campus.
I took the people mover from the IU Hospital (on campus) to Methodist between classes to meet Jon for lunch. I love that people mover, plus you don't have to sit in traffic.

I also got a new volunteer position at the IUSON shiny new simulation lab. I'm pretty excited about it, and it works out that they need me on my prescheduled day off work. Perfect!

The rest of today will consist of laundry and other boring crap. Tomorrow: back to work and trying to remember to turn in my criminal background check to IUSON.

Also tomorrow: GETTING PAID. Holla.

Yay!!

No comments: