Thursday, August 7, 2008

I'm Gonna Make It After Aaaallll!

According to my sister, I'm like Mary Tyler Moore.

I started my new job this morning, but not without a bunch of ridiculousness first. I woke up in time to see the sunrise, which was weird, and was about to leave when my toilet started pouring water out of the tank. (When I was at work, the maintenance people came and fixed it, but there was still water everywhere.)

I eventually made it to work. The Boss introduced me to everyone around the lab (including one Purdue grad who I actually had met before through mutual friends), and they all seem really nice. I had to go over to Methodist to get my ID, parking pass, etc. I got an impromptu little tour of the hospital, which is so big that the hallways have street names and there are multiple buildings. The rest of the day I spent getting through forms and SOPs, taking a little break to have lunch with another new lab assistant, Gina.
So far I really like it. I'm getting a lot of hours, everyone's been really nice, and nothing beats working in a hospital setting. I'm addicted to it. And I get to wear scrubs, which is still new enough to me that it makes me feel happy.

Yay!


Now I just need a hat that I can throw joyfully into the sky while twirling around Monument Circle.

No comments: