Sunday, June 15, 2008

Should've Brought The Camera....

Even though all I really do is eat, sleep, go to class, and study Monday-Thursday, having that 3 day weekend every week really makes it all not so bad. :)

Friday I spent the afternoon at home, and around 7pm (just 2.5 hours late! but due to some crazy traffic) Rohit arrived from the far away land of Cleveland! We had dinner at Mudsocks Grill, a nice little local place just a couple of minutes from my parents' house.
After that, we went to The Cheesecake Factory for (what else??) cheesecake. As always, it was Amazing. God, I love that cheesecake. I really don't care how "unhealthy" it is. Something that good can't be entirely unhealthy. It's at least emotionally/psychologically healthy due to the happiness it brings me. But I digress.
After the cheesecake, we went to Blu Martini (no idea why the word "blu" is so popular at Indianapolis establishments....). I'd never been before but I heard it was a pretty good place. We both liked the atmosphere....Rohit said it reminded him of one of those martini bars you see on TV....but the crowd was a little odd; there were a lot of people in their 20s/30s, but then the addition of a noticeable amount of people who were probably too old to be in a place like that. Like guys with gray hair sitting by themselves, watching who knows who. Sorta weird. But other than that, seems like a place to go with a group of friends if you don't feel like driving out to Broad Ripple or downtown. Could do better in terms of a regular hangout or something though.

Saturday (today, but technically yesterday) we drove to downtown. It was definitely a day of street fairs in the area. In Carmel, they had the Artomobilia on Main Street, which seemed pretty cool although we didn't stop by. Downtown, there was the Talbot St. Art Fair, Italian Fest, the Pride Festival, and the Jazz Fest (lots of fests....).
I showed Rohit around campus a bit and then we walked along the canal for a while. Unfortunately those paddle boats you can rent are like $20 each and we were sort of hungry, so after some more walking around we got some food at a cafe and ate outside to the sounds of the bands warming up at the Jazz Fest not too far away. Perfect weather today!!
After that, we went to the mall and met up with Tripti for the whole reason for the weekend....the Sex and the City movie! :P (It's a long running joke for those of you who don't know...) The movie was....well, it was a Sex and the City movie....it's like the show, only longer. I liked it for what it was. :)
After the movie, we went to Rock Bottom for dinner and then walked around the city some more and I showed them my new building and neighborhood area.
Then Rohit and I went back to my parents' place to play Wii and watch Scrubs. :D

So, it's been a really fun and busy weekend. It's not over yet, but basically the rest of it is going to be spent studying for my final exams in anatomy on Wednesday! Two in one day! There just might be another Thursday night repeat after that....

On the job front, I'm hoping and praying to get something in a hospital soon. We'll see how things pan out!

Hope everyone else is having a nice weekend as well. Leave some comments so I know you stopped by! :)

No comments: