Monday, June 23, 2008

Bad Mood?

This weekend was....well, it was pretty emotional. Highs and lows.
Without getting into that....I drove to WL on Friday afternoon to continue packing up everything. Saturday was the Taste of Tippecanoe, and I have to say it was one of the best times of the summer so far. Great food, great weather, great people to be with. It was really crowded, which wasn't as annoying as it was amusing (counting the pregnant ladies, etc.). And the fireworks were pretty nice, too. On Sunday my little car was loaded up and I drove back to Indy. The experience of moving all of my stuff (aside from the furniture) myself has really made me realize how small my car is.

Just eight days until I officially get my new apartment! That's eight days too many. Tomorrow I get to go do a final walk-through of it, then next Tuesday sign the lease and attempt to figure out how I'm going to move everything in.

Ugh, moving. I hate it.

This morning, after about 4 hours of sleep, I woke up early to experience the joy of rush hour commuting....I mean, go to a meeting. The meeting went really well, which was very encouraging, then I had time to eat and go to the first day of physiology.

Let me just say that, as someone with a degree in neurobiology and physiology, I feel like this class is going to go by verrry slowly.
Or maybe I'm just in a bad mood today. I don't think it's going to be easy, but I don't think it's going to be particularly hard (despite the professors' threats). It's just going to be time consuming and right now all of that is something that I am not in the mood for.
The thought of opening a textbook and studying right now makes me want to go watch TV for an unneccessarily long time, or stare at the HGTV website and think about my upcoming redecoration projects.
On the bright (?) side, I've definitely thought this before on the first day of a class, yet I managed to graduate without failing any of them, so obviously it all works out in the end. My motivation is just temporarily lost.

I'm not really in the mood for much right now in general, I guess. Except maybe chocolate. And not studying.

So, this was entertaining.
Hope everyone else out there's having a better week so far.

No comments: